Personally, I feel Xtended has too many features and if you like feature-packed ROMs then you can definitely give it a try. While Google’s AOSP is barebones, LineageOS gives it a sense of customizability while maintaining stability. Apart from that, if you want top-notch privacy and security on a custom ROM then I would highly recommend LineageOS. Not to mention, the development team has worked really fast on bringing Android 13 this time and it’s available for several devices. Built on top of Google’s AOSP code and adding their own custom code to it, LineageOS works as a standalone ROM as well as the source code for many other custom ROMs out there.
One of the primary additional feature of an Android device is its ability to allow it’s users to flash new custom ROMs. Many users will doubtlessly find these words a bit other devices confusing and for them here are some small explanations to clarify things. The main advantage of a custom ROM is having regular update support .
The handset runs stock Android 9.0 Pie out of the box, starts at 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, and Zeiss optics for front and rear cameras. It’s fueled by a 3500mAh battery and has fast charging support. Mi A3 is the third Android One or stock Android phone from Xiaomi. Going by early 2021 standards, the Mi A3 can be termed as a compact and light phone.
- The article mainly shows you how to back up Android ROM to PC safely.
- They’ll be able to give you info and even suggest a fix if one is needed.
- But first, make sure that it matches the firmware version that is currently installed on your device.
- In case users find their device in in a bootloop or a Softbrick, they can always reopaeat the process, or restore a NANDroid backup of their device taken during Step 1.
- The development team focused on bringing a polished and refined experience while using minimum resources.
- If you want to add additional features to your device, you may need to resort to a custom ROM.
If done properly, your Nokia 5.1 Plus shall be running on the Android 10 April 2020 security patch update. Instructions and software for flashing any firmware downloaded from here are included in the firmware download page. Some custom ROMs (like Pixel Experience and Evolution X) come with GApps pre-installed. In such cases, you don’t have to flash the GApps file separately. Custom ROMs are device-specific, so download a ROM that’s made specifically for your device. Also, there can be multiple variants of the same device based on carrier, region, etc. so keep this in mind too.